Last week I was invited to join other bloggers this holiday season to flood the internet with happiness and gratitude by linking our posts together and inviting friends, family and readers to join us. Here is my list and below that are instructions for how to join us.
1) My family
2) Being able to walk after my accident last year
3) A local yoga studio with teachers and students who I like
4) Young people in my life
5) Older people in my life
6) Having a husband who talks me down from my emotional ledge more times that I care to admit that I need him to
7) Our new home in downtown San Jose
8) Xmas without a wheelchair
9) A fabulous ankle doctor who I like and trust
10) Being able to travel east to hear my daughter sing in her recital last November
11) My home yoga practice
12) Having the means to travel to local and distant places
13) Having the means to do the work on our new house so that it now feels like our home
14) Selling our old home fast and for a profit
15) My mother’s husband and my brother who live by and take care of my ailing mother
16) My mother’s husband for all that he does to please and take care of my mother
17) For my mother’s aide who helps her call me several times a week so that I continue to feel connected
18) My mother’s new found ability to tell me that she loves and misses me in most every phone conversation
19) My BFF (and chiropractor) Deb Mosca whose healing touch got me out of the wheelchair and back in my body after last year’s accident
20) My one day solo road trip from Princeton, NJ to Syracuse, NY last November, releasing the emotions after visiting my mother, talking on the phone with friends, listening to NPR interviews, seeing the fall foliage
21) Visiting the east coast last April and seeing the cherry blossoms at the Tidal Basin
22) Passover 2015 with family and friends
23) Being able to connect with my father, his wife and kids from his second family
24) Hawaii for my birthday this year
25) The magic air in Hawaii
26) Snuba’ing with my husband in Hawaii
27) Actually getting to meet and have dinner with a blogging friend and her husband when I read on FB that they too were in Hawaii, on the same part of the same island at the same time
28) The private cabana by the pool with a lovely view of the ocean that my husband insisted we have while in Hawaii
29) Taking afternoon walks, after lunch, in search of espresso with my husband while in Hawaii
30) Being upgraded to business class on most of my 2015 cross country airline trips
31) Meeting and hanging out with and really liking my son’s fiance’s parents
32) Double shots of espresso
33) Having a husband who insisted that we cut down our Xmas tree, even though it is was just the two of us this year decorating
34) Stitching at the end of most every day
35) My stitching friends
36) Learning new stitching techniques
37) Being able to find all sorts of stitching and craft supplies I had stashed away in our old home and now having the room to play with it all in our new home
38) All my yoga teachers—locally and abroad!
39) My yoga friends – locally and abroad!
40) Being on a yoga mat in a community with friends and strangers
41) My dad
42) My brother
43) The amazing women I meet on my women’s retreats
44) The deep rooted experiences I get to have on my women’s retreats
45) Reconnecting with my first cousins
46) Having a master bedroom with three windows that let in lots and lots of light every morning ion our new home
47) Authors of (most) of the books I read
48) My friends from the blogging world
49) Family and friends who read my blog and send me emails and notes about my posts
50) My husband, who I met at age 18, married at age 28, and who still surprises me when he shows up at home every night!
If you’d like to join in, here’s how it works: set a timer for 10 minutes; timing this is critical. Once you start the timer, start your list. The goal is to write 50 things that made you happy in 2015, or 50 thing that you feel grateful for. The idea is to not think too hard; write what comes to mind in the time allotted. When the timer’s done, stop writing. If you haven’t written 50 things, that’s ok. If you have more than 50 things and still have time, keep writing; you can’t feel too happy or too grateful! When I finished my list, I took a few extra minutes to add links and photos.
To join the bloggers who have come together for this project: 1) Write your post and publish it (please copy and paste the instructions from this post, into yours) 2) Click on the blue frog at the bottom of this post. 3) That will take you to another window, where you can past the URL to your post. 4) Follow the prompts, and your post will be added to the Blog Party List.
Please note that only blog posts that include a list of 50 (or an attempt to write 50) things that made you feel Happy or 50 things that you are Grateful for, will be included. Please don’t add a link to a post that isn’t part of this exercise. View Dawn from Tales from the Motherland’s original instructions by clicking here.
View everyone who is participating by clicking here!
As a blogger, I enjoy sharing my ideas and thoughts with people, and I get a special thrill when someone leaves a comment. When you share my posts on social media sites, I jump up and down doing a happy dance. So thank you!